Music In The Philippines

I loved how musical the Filipino people are.  Music is not only a part of their culture, but a part of their lives.  They grow up singing and doing productions-and I'm talking about huge ones!



When we lived in the Filipines, our kids put on musical productions once a month.  Each had a theme and they all had to have costumes.  These costumes were usually handmade!

The kids would practice EVERY DAY as part of their school curriculum and quite often they would practice these productions for a full day.

While I lived in the Philippines, I met a lot of wonderful, musical people.  This man that I'm going to show you, is one of my favorites that I met.  He was up in the mountains while I was doing visits with the sisters.  He had an old guitar hanging up on his wall.  His house was so small and there wasn't much to it, but this beautiful old guitar was all it needed.

He tuned it-his own way, not the traditional way-and began playing a song.  Here it is:


Comments

Popular Posts